Monday, December 12, 2011

My Wish List

A few weeks ago I posted about making a wish list; now I am posting here my own wish list. Of course, foremost we must turn to God if we ask for things. A faithful heart will not be turned away by the Lord, for He said that if we seek the Kingdom, He will give the things we need as well.

For the next year, I wish to see more growth in the Orthodox Church here in the Philippines. Whether under Antioch or the Ecumenical Patriarchate, a growth in Orthodox faithful is a good sign that the Faith is taking firm root. Of course, with a growth in numbers should come a growth in faith as well, and that orthopraxis would truly be taken to heart by every Orthodox faithful both here in the Philippines and in other countries.

Along with that, I hope that the communities would be fruitful, and that there would be more Orthodox chapels and churches built here in the Philippines. The communities here are crying for such. It would truly be a great blessing for the faithful to have more worship places for them, a place which they can call home. The Church after all is for them, not just for the clergy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment