Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My First Post

I do not know if it is obligatory or not, but anyway--here is my first post. It isn't something fantastic or spectacular, but it's just a way of welcoming everyone who happens to pass by here. I hope that you would learn more, one way or the other. Let me warn you that I am notorious for not posting, sometimes taking a very long time before the next post. But I will try to update, if I remember.

Anyway, today marks the start of the Nativity Fast for those using the Revised Julian Calendar in the Orthodox Church. The fast starts from November 15 until December 24. The fast is almost like the Lenten Fast wherein meat, poultry and dairy products, and alcohol are not to be taken. Fish may be taken during this time.

Well, this is a short welcome, but I hope that it is the start of a new undertaking for me, as well as everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment