Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reading Books

As I've said about this blog, it isn't just about the Orthodox Church here in the Philippines, but about other things as well.

I just thought about books a few days ago while making my entry about Orthodox resources http://orthodoxinphilippines.blogspot.com/2011/11/online-orthodox-resources.html It's great that we have online resources now, but nothing beats having a book in hand. I still feel more inclined to reading a book--actually holding something to read--than merely looking over at my monitor. Even with documents, I would rather have on hand. pdf files are great, just as Microsoft doc. files are. Still, I would download them (when available) and print them in order to read it in my room, for instance, rather than in front of the monitor.

I don't know; maybe it's just the old school in me. Maybe I just like to see books around rather than having them read on my computer. But I love to read, so I love to have books. Maybe that's why I'm more comfortable with books than on some file on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment